Position: Research Analyst
Full-Time, Salaried + Benefits
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 22, 2016
WaterTAP is looking for a dynamic researcher to join its team in our mission to help Ontario’s thriving water sector grow globally.
The Research Analyst will be primarily responsible for fulfilling a flexible and effective strategy to support entrepreneurs, end users, and investors in creating success stories. The primary goal of the research department is to drive success for Ontario’s water technology companies and their end users. This work includes understanding and reporting on key sector trends, helping companies develop strategies to introduce their solutions to new markets, and building WaterTAP’s global network.
WaterTAP’s main roles are to connect, accelerate, and celebrate Ontario’s water sector. For this reason, everyone on our team is passionate about the sector – we are constantly communicating with companies, clients, and other stakeholders to help grow businesses and keep on top of opportunities.
The person who fills this important role will join a busy and nimble team and will be expected to keep pace and deliver results that build on this work. Since WaterTAP is a trusted advisor to our companies and partners, this position demands an exceptional ability to listen, understand needs, and develop effective strategies. It also requires exceptional analytical and writing skills.
If you’re someone who loves to learn and can translate complex information into simple, clear strategies to drive success stories, we’d like to meet you.
The successful candidate will join WaterTAP’s team in its downtown Toronto office.
The Research Analyst reports to the Manager of Research but works closely with several members of the WaterTAP team. This person’s main responsibilities will be to contribute to success stories by:
- Understanding Ontario’s water innovation ecosystem. Gathering market intelligence, writing internal reports, working with external partners.
- Growing and promoting Ontario’s water sector leadership status. Understanding company and end-user needs, spotting opportunities and making connections, developing effective custom strategies for company growth, and sharing success stories with diverse audiences.
In collaboration with the team, the Research Analyst will brief WaterTAP or external groups on relevant information. From time to time, this position may involve leading special projects. The Research Analyst will also support and attend industry events and trade shows.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated communications experience in water, environmental, or cleantech industries
- Relevant degree including social sciences or physical sciences
- Superior organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects, coordinate information and materials from multiple sources, manage workflow within a team, and consistently meet deadlines
- Adept in understanding technical subject matter experts such as engineers, project managers, field services personnel and company executives
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to quickly grasp the capabilities and benefits of technology and engineered solutions and explain them to others through connections or relevant presentations
- The ability to quickly understand a company’s situation and technology strengths in order to develop an action plan to connect them to the right resources at the right time
- Familiarity with CRM systems, Excel, and relevant software
Specific measures of success
- Maintains high level of productivity with high degree of on-time task completion.
- Effectively improves key metrics with relevant, well-written, error-free content.
- Functions as a trusted, knowledgeable, and approachable resource.
- Continually seeks to improve knowledge and awareness of the Ontario water sector from all relevant perspectives including companies, technologies, policies, industry events and associations, global and local influences, etc.
- Supports the WaterTAP team as required to enable team success and strengthen the WaterTAP value proposition and reputation.
- Ensures 100% accountability and compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
Eligible candidates should forward their submissions of interest, including CV and cover letter, by Wednesday, June 22, 2016 to [email protected].