The University of Utah Environmental Dispute Resolution (EDR) Program is hiring an Associate Director / Senior Mediator who will be responsible for supporting existing program activities and developing new projects. We seek someone with legal expertise, as well as significant experience in conflict resolution and consensus building. This is a full-time position, but we are willing to discuss 0.5 FTE or 0.75 FTE appointments.
- A JD degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience serving as a neutral mediator or facilitator for projects involving complex legal / public policy / political issues.
- Experience with environmental law and policy, and awareness of natural resource issues in the Western United States.
- Initiative and vision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of securing funding from diverse academic and non-academic sources preferred.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must also be a team player who will work well with the Director, and who is capable of coordinating activities with various entities in a large academic institution (including the Wallace Stegner Center, the College of Law, and other partners across campus), as well as with off-campus partners.
For more information about the position and the on-line application, see here.
Applications are due May 05, 2017, and must be submitted on-line.