SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Development of the vision and approach on implementation of the Needs Assessment in Afghanistan based on the regional approach and methodology (will be provided to shortlisted candidates). Agreement of the vision and approach with project team;
– Organization of the national consultations with key project partners in Afghanistan (MEW, NEPA, MoHE, others) for presentation of the goals, objectives of the assessment as well as with detailed presentation of the agreed approach and methodology;
– Data collection for Needs Assessment report;
– Development of the first draft of the Needs Assessment report and presentation of the results on National Consultation meeting with participation project team and project’ donor;
– Preparation of the final report on Needs Assessment considering all comments received.
Education (For Consulting Organization – requirements to Key Personnel):
– PhD or Master’s Degree in social science, nature resources or environmental management, hydrometeorology, profile on water resources management is an advantage.
Experience (For Consulting Organization – requirements to Key Personnel):
– At least ten years of professional experience in nature resource management, with particular focus on water. Professional experience in water resources management needs assessment, including educational aspects, capacity building and etc. is an asset;
– Experience of working in Afghanistan, good awareness of water resources management in the country is desired;
– Experience in working with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), awareness of their procedures and requirements;
– Experience in stocktaking of data and information, interviewing and facilitating with national and international stakeholders;
– Excellent analytical skills and ability to write-up assessment reports/overviews;
– Good communication and networking skills with governmental and non-governmental entities.
Personal qualities (For Consulting Organization – requirements to Key Personnel):
– Applicants must demonstrate enthusiasm for, and commitment, to sustainable development and environmental management.
– Excellent team-player.
– Evidence of strong analytical skills, and problem identification and solving.
– Ability and willingness to travel to Afghanistan and countries of Central Asia.
Communication and computer skills (For Consulting Organization – requirements to Key Personnel):
– Computer skills (MS office, MS Word, MS Excel, Power point, Internet E-mail etc.) is required, experience with establishing and maintaining databases will be an advantage.
-Fluency in written and spoken English. Spoken knowledge of Russian and Dari is advised.
All interested candidates may review the detailed Terms of References following the link below and submit their CVs, technical and financial proposal (in a separate sealed envelope) to Aigerim Doskeeva at [email protected] and [email protected] not later than April, 25, 2017.
Detailed Terms of References is available on link
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.