IMPORTANT INFORMATIONThe vacancy is for a local position with a local remuneration package. It is open only to nationals and residents of India.
To provide technical and operational support to the India Resident Mission (INRM) in handling loan/Technical Assistance (TA) processing and administration, sector portfolio management, sector work, and other general sector activities with focus on infrastructure components of agriculture and natural resources and energy.
Under the guidance of a senior staff, contributes independently to INRM by completing a variety of tasks assigned, covering all or a combination of the following functions, depending on the situation/requirements of INRM:
Project & TA Preparation and Appraisal
- Provides support to all loan and TA processing missions, including but not limited to review of technical designs and cost estimates, liaison with government officials, as well as review of project costing, project readiness filters, advance actions, procurement packaging and related technical issues.
Project & TA Administration
- Liaises with and supports INRM, HQ, Government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate the administration of specific loans and TAs.
- Where assigned to support loans/TAs, actively compiles and analyzes data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements, undertakes various tasks in processing disbursement claims, updating and monitoring of the financial status of loan/TA projects, as needed, provides assistance in reconciliation of project accounts and compliance of loan covenants.
- Reviews bid documents and bid evaluation reports submitted by the executing agencies (EAs) for ADB approval towards the procurement/recruitment of goods/services and civil work contracts; identifies and resolves problems in consultant contractual documentation; and monitors submission of consultants’ billings and TA completion to ensure timely closing of TA accounts.
- Prepares and updates forecasts of contract awards and disbursements, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls and expediting achievement of target levels where possible.
- Identifies issues and takes action to address them through interactions with EAs, contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries; prepares measures to address the issues and implements the measures.
- Reviews draft technical designs and cost estimates, papers for extension of loan closing dates, reallocation of loan proceeds, changes in scope, and other project administration tasks.
- Provides advice to government ministries, EAs and sector entities on ADB guidelines on procurement, recruitment of consultants, and on preparation of bid documents, etc. to ensure effective implementation.
- Assists in the preparation of Project Completion Reports and TA Completion Reports as assigned.
- Supports Sector and Country Portfolio Review missions as a mission member when required.
- Provides support for policy dialogues with government on policy matters and institutional issues, and maintains close cooperation with development partners.
- Contributes to sector work in the field by assisting in conducting research, updating information on the assigned sector, analyzing financial, institutional or economic issues, and preparing reports on the subjects.
- Assists in the preparation of sector assessments.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge base of future Government investment plans and approval processes, organizational structure and policies relevant to the assigned sectors.
- Coordinates and maintains close relationships with the relevant Government agencies and HQ staff.
Other Operational Support
- Helps to organize, contributes to, supports, and participates in meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Organizes and conducts training workshops for EAs in areas relating to procurement and project administration/management.
- Produces reports, as required, on the tasks undertaken in relation to the above.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Applies updated advancements in own knowledge area to relevant tasks
- Applies knowledge and practical skills to independently perform some complex tasks
- Conveys the need to use updated project approaches
- Delivers Divisional contributions across a variety of products and services to meet the needs of different clients
- Proposes options to clients that may better meet their needs than current approaches
- Defines and delivers to agreed standards with clients
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Conducts detailed research and analysis to determine appropriate methods for addressing the causes of issues
- Self-monitors achievement of results according to work plans
- Identifies different stakeholder needs and desired outcomes when planning for outcomes
- Independently solves problems and makes recommendations
- Maintains collaborative relationships within the Department
- Works effectively with diverse colleagues in own and other Divisions and Departments
- Flexibly alters positions and adjusts previously stated points of view to support the group consensus
- Follows through on team priorities in the absence of a team leader
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Checks with audience’s level of understanding and awareness of required follow up actions
- Consistently seeks and addresses feedback on own performance
- Creates knowledge products endorsed for wider distribution
- Independently amends and clarifies messages and documents
Innovation and Change
- Actively supports work improvement and/or organizational change by work and deed
- Develops and adopts change plans to support Division initiatives on which one works
- Considers current and future client needs in proposing ideas
- Vocalizes early support for change
- Recommends inputs to new policies, systems and processes in immediate work area
- Bachelor’s degree, in related disciplines preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in project management and implementation, preferably with multilateral agency funded projects. Experience with working with several government agencies in project implementation would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience within the assigned sector
- Experience & knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project planning/ feasibility analysis / detailed design / project implementation / construction supervision / contract management) is desirable
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
People and leadership skills
- Able to guide Administrative Staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive and respectful work environment. Women are especially encouraged to apply.