REPORTS TO: Director of Online Strategy
LOCATION: Washington, DC
The Marketing and Communications Associate provides support to the Marketing and Communications Department. Specifically, the Associate works closely with the Director of Online Strategy and the Director of Corporate Relations to manage and increase engagement with volunteers, activists, and corporate partners. The Associate will also manage special projects and assist with the department’s administrative needs.
Online Marketing (75%)
Please note: This position is primarily online communications. So solid understanding of HTML is needed. CSS and PHP preferred. Understanding of hosted WordPress is important.
- Provide general website maintenance, including updating and creating webpages, donation forms, advocacy alerts and emails. Gather digital assets both internally and externally and coordinate integration into online projects.
- Manage the development of various online projects as needed, from idea generation and planning to final content creation and production.
- Utilize tools like Google Analytics to help develop benchmarks and then analyze and report on stats for Web sites, social media sites, e-mail campaigns and online advertising. Provide monthly reports to staff and stakeholders.
- Work with National River Cleanup® staff to increase performance of the website, online tools, and online materials to improve the volunteer experience. Work with National River Cleanup coordinator to ensure timely, strategic communications with cleanup volunteers.
- Manage corporate information in fundraising database.
- Maintain protocol for corporate fundraising acknowledgement process.
- Track incoming revenue.
- Assist with maintenance of internal communications planning calendar.
- Write monthly department reports.
- Preform other high level administrative and substantive duties as required for the Marketing and Communications team.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years’ experience, preferably at least one year in online communications, online advocacy or web content production.
- Experience working with HTML and CSS. Plus a good familiarity with popular CMS, CRM and advocacy tools, such as WordPress, Blue State Digital, Salsa, Convio.
- Experience with PHP and theming WordPress sites a big plus.
- Experience working on email campaigns, advocacy programs, and social media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and photo editing software (Photoshop or Fireworks). Video editing skills a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, with strong time and budget skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize competing tasks and meet deadlines.
- High energy level, flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work professionally with staff at all levels of the organization, in person and remotely.
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations and a commitment to conservation preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time and full-time equivalent employee benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, a retirement plan, and generous leave time.
Applications will be considered immediately. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with “MarComm Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
About American Rivers
American Rivers protects wild rivers, restores damaged rivers, and conserves clean water for people and nature. Since 1973, American Rivers has protected and restored more than 150,000 miles of rivers through advocacy efforts, on-the-ground projects, and the annual America’s Most Endangered Rivers® campaign. Headquartered in Washington, DC, American Rivers has offices across the country and more than 200,000 members, supporters, and volunteers.