ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
100 Resilient Cities – Pioneered by The Rockefeller Foundation (100RC) is a new organization dedicated to helping cities to be better prepared for and quickly rebound from 21st century shocks and stresses. 100 Resilient Cities has selected and is working with 100 member cities from around the globe for whom it provides four kinds of value, to start: 1) Financial and other support for putting in place a new city resilience leader, a Chief Resilience Officer; 2) Support for development of a robust resilience strategy; 3) Management of a peer-to-peer network of member cities who can learn from and help each other; and 4) Connecting member cities to curated solutions of services provided by Platform Partners who can help them to implement their resilience strategies. 100RC seeks to increase awareness of the importance of resilience thinking, to catalyze a new community of urban resilience practitioners and spur the growth of a robust ecosystem of resilience-focused solutions and solution providers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
100 Resilient Cities is looking for an Associate to serve in the Solutions Development and Innovation Team (SD&I) based in New York, NY. SD&I is part of the City Solutions Team, which works with private and nonprofit partner organizations to develop services that our member cities can use to enhance their resilience. The SD&I Team is a group of subject matter experts with deep experience in one of the SD&I pillars, which include the built environment, water management, data and technology, green infrastructure, public health, and transportation. SD&I team members manage partners in their area of expertise and develop and optimize solutions provided by these partners to cities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the SD&I Team to support partnership development. Associate will research and assemble information on potential partner candidates, hold introductory calls with new partner candidates to explain the partnership development framework and process, assist in vetting of candidates, update Salesforce CRM database and conduct partner on-boarding for selected candidates
- Assist in managing partnerships, including satisfactory completion and processing of formal documents, facilitating check-in calls, meetings, team webinars, and technical sessions; tracking Partner engagements; follow-up on engagement evaluations; and capturing of lessons learned and project impact
- Provide project management support for approved special initiatives to coordinate the delivery of services/solutions to cities by more than one partner, or other Platform Partner Network activities to develop or improve offered solutions
- Serve as a liaison between the SD&I Team and the City Solutions Operations Team to implement operational procedures
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to at least one of the technical SD&I Pillars (e.g., Built Environment, Urban Data and Technology) with at least 1-3 years of work experience in a high-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to skillfully use software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (knowledge of Access would be an asset) to produce outputs I
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, prioritize, and execute in the face of competing demands
- Strong ability to drive progress, have vision, promote innovation, and display ownership under ambiguous and dynamic conditions
- Excellent communications and writing skills and confidence to engage with stakeholders around the world
- Effectively collaborate with and across teams, seeks and provides constructive feedback
- Interest in and commitment to urban and/or resilience issues
- Experience in one or more of the SD&I pillars (e.g., Built Environment, Urban Data and Technology)
100 Resilient Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
100 Resilient Cities is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, 100 Resilient Cities ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.