About the mission
Solidarités International (SI) currently implements 2 kinds of programs in South Sudan:
- Emergency Preparedness & Response + WaSH intervention in Malakal PoC : SI is one of the NGOs contracted by ECHO to be part of the EPR system in order to provide a quick response to crisis. This includes the conduction of rapid assessments and the implementation of emergency WaSH short interventions throughout the whole country. The ongoing ECHO project also covers the WaSH activities conducted in the PoC of Malakal.
- Emergency WaSH interventions in informal settlements such as Wau Shilluk. The WaSH intervention in Wau Shilluk, spontaneous IDP camp located across the river from Malakal. The intervention focuses on the provision of clean water, hygiene promotion and environmental sanitation.
The 2017 strategy is to continue along the same angles with the main focus on the WaSH / EP&R interventions and a potential development of Food Security and Livelihood projects. The strategy is oriented towards the following 2 axes:
- Ensure access to emergency WaSH and shelter services for vulnerable and acutely vulnerable populations.
- Provide the conflict-affected populations of South Sudan with durable and sustainable WASH infrastructures and improved access to food security
A coordination team of 5 persons (including the HoM) in Juba and Malakal, about 100 national employees and 16 expatriate positions. Potential changes depending on emergency interventions
About the job
The EPR Programme Manager is responsible for preparation and implementation of EPR WASH responses in Republic of South Sudan (covering 10 States).
- Preparedness of EPR WASH response (in collaboration with the EPR coordinator)
- Implementation and follow-up of EPR interventions in South Sudan
- Human Resources management
- Internal and external reporting
- Financial Management:
- Logistics management
- External coordination – in coordination with the EPR coordinator
- Internal Coordination
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, hydraulics, water network management, or similar field
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Salaried post: According to experience from 1600 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 700 USD.