The position is a one year contract, with the possibility of extension.
Commencement in June 2017.
The Gambella region in Ethiopia is considered to be medium risk.
NCA uses an electronic recruitment portal. Candidates are kindly asked to submit their CV and application (limited to one page each) through this electronic recruitment portal. We also require all candidates to upload a copy of relevant certificates and diplomas as part of the application. Please note that we only consider candidates who submit their application, CV, and relevant certificates/diplomas through this electronic recruitment portal.
- Manage the ACT-Partnership`s WASH interventions in the Gambella region. This includes monitor, quality assure and address discrepancies in partners` WASH activities as well as providing on-time internal status reports and external donor (ACT Partners, ECHO) reports.
- Review current WASH interventions and staffing structures of the ACT-Partnership, and develop a plan for more effective organization of the implementation
- Identify and address critical WASH gaps through contributing to the design, planning and budgeting for new WASH related activities together with ACT-Partnership members
- Coordinate with UNHCR, UNICEF and other IP`s and contributing to better WASH coordination
- Initiate Coaching and training activities of ACT-Partnership members and possibly other IP`s WASH staff
- Maintain communication, sharing of information and coordination with Head Office, Ethiopia Country Office and other relevant organizations
- Experience managing WASH-programmes in a developing country
- Knowledge and experience of managing and scaling up WASH and public interventions in emergencies
- Technical and practical competence in WASH
- College/university degree in engineering, with specialization in water and sanitation is preferred
- Proven experience in programme development, monitoring and reporting is a necessity
- Fluency in English is required
- Structured, well organized and selfdriven
- Excellent communication, solid diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Very good ability to inspire and build other people`s capacities
- Culture and conflict sensitive
- The successful candidate must be loyal to NCA´s core Christian values and accept the ACT Alliance’s Code of Conduct.