Global water initiative
The World Economic Forum LLC is committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry, government and civil society leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Based in New York and San Francisco, the World Economic Forum LLC is impartial and not tied to any political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American subsidiary of the World Economic Forum, the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Government.
The System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Environment and Natural Resource Security builds an inclusive and practical framework for the global environmental agenda. Through an open architecture approach to multistakeholder cooperation, the System Initiative aims to foster new forms of cooperation and innovation across the public and private sectors by bringing together leading experts and practitioners on initiatives designed to achieve economic growth and combat climate change and other natural resource challenges.
We are currently looking for a summer intern to support the project work of its Global Water Initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform research and craft recommendations to broaden the Global Water Initiative’s growing sanitation network
- Support internal and external community management activities on Forum’s digital platforms, including updating content, curating discussions, broadening awareness and increasing engagement of the initiative’s core community
- Update communication materials, including website content and initiative overview documents
- Draft blog posts, internal updates and other materials as needed.
- Coordinate a broad range of internal and external stakeholder meetings and provide project support for various workstreams
- Assist with event planning and logistics for summer workshops
- Support the development and implementation of new tools and processes to improve internal communication and coordination between the Global Water Initiative and the Forum’s 14 System Initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently enrolled in a graduate programme in international affairs, environmental Policy or a related field, with 3-5 years of work experience
- Familiarity with network analysis and/or systems thinking preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency using digital platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Team player and self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
You will join the Forum LLC as an intern for a period of 2-3 months during the summer of 2017. You will work approximately 40 hours per week and receive a $3,000/month stipend. The Forum will only consider candidates who are currently enrolled in or will be graduating in June 2017 with a master’s degree from a top graduate school. Ideally, you must have professional work experience in one of the areas mentioned above.
All interns must be authorized to work in the United States as we are not able to provide temporary visas.
Relocation assistance and temporary housing is not offered for interns. All interested candidates, please apply through http://www.weforum.org/en/about/Careers and follow the link to Careers in New York Openings.