Description of Position
ECODIT is seeking a Communications Specialist to be a part of a dynamic and highly-productive team that handles writing, editing, and producing content for a variety of communication products for the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment Water Office (E3/W). This work is being conducted under the Water Communications and Knowledge Management (CKM) Project.
The Water CKM project supports USAID’s Water Office and its partners, to increase water sector program knowledge sharing and data collection, both internally and externally. The project also supports USAID research and analysis to improve program outcomes and learning, and enhance communication and outreach to increase awareness of USAID water program activities and results to a wide range of stakeholders and partners.
The Communications Specialist will contribute to the production of a variety of communication products that include an online bi-monthly magazine, several regularly-published newsletters, annual reports, podcasts, photo essays, blogs, case studies, country profiles, news pieces, and other materials in support of E3/W’s CKM efforts. These products will feature content related to various water sector issues and USAID’s work in these areas, including water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and agricultural water use.
Some of these communication products can be found here: https://www.usaid.gov/what-we-do/water-and-sanitation and https://medium.com/usaid-global-waters
- Research and write articles for Global Waters newsletter, Frontlines, annual reports, fact sheets, case studies and other products;
- Copyedit a range of publications including reports, briefs, articles, and newsletters;
- Manage and contribute website content, including blogs, for the soon to be launched USAID water website;
- Write and manage content for regular social media activities and campaigns including @USAIDWater;
- Format publications using MS Word and Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Provide graphic design support to create media campaigns, brochures, posters and other materials; and
- Prepare newsletters and announcements using e-mail marketing software.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, international relations, or other relevant field;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in copyediting and writing;
- Experience writing about international development in general; global health and the water sector experience (preferred);
- Excellent copyediting and writing skills;
- Experience with social media platforms such as Twitter and Medium;
- Experience using website content management systems;
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of team in a fast-paced environment; and
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail .
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign and Photoshop; proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Experience working for USAID.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV under the “Jobs” tab at www.ecodit.com . Samples of relevant, recent publications may also be submitted. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls please.