CDP North America, Inc. (CDP NA) has a tremendous opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a financial background to assist in managing CDP NA’s relationships with investors and signatory entities. The successful candidate will not only learn more about CDP’s different programs (Disclo- sure Services, Supply Chain, etc.), but will also gain exposure to the ESG investment community.
This is an ideal role for an individual with a passion for integrating ESG issues into the mainstream investment process.
The Project Officer will report to CDP NA’s Senior Managers, Investor Initiatives and will work inte- grally with the global Investor Initiatives team to provide support.
CDP is an international, not-for-profit organization providing the global system for companies, cities, states and regions to measure, disclose, manage and share vital information on their environmental performance. CDP, voted number one climate research provider by investors, works with 827 institu- tional investors with assets of US$100 trillion and 89 purchasing organizations with a combined annual spend of over US$2.7 trillion, to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them.
Since its launch in 2000, CDP has been built on the belief that transparency and accountability drives positive change in the world of business and investment. We have key hubs in London, New York and Berlin. Please visit www.cdp.net/ to find out more.
About CDP’s Investor Initiatives Program
CDP works with investors to put vital financial data at the center of decision making. CDP gathers the most reliable data from companies on behalf of shareholders with combined assets in excess of $92 trillion via an annual disclosure process. Disclosing companies provide quantitative and qualitative information about their greenhouse gas emissions, energy efficiency programs, water management, exposure to deforestation and strategic business approach to environmental risk. This information is used to improve financial decision making and increase corporate engagement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring investors are aware of CDP data and research and assisting them to use it in their investment process where possible;
- Extracting data from internal data warehouse and organizing for external consumption as well as presenting CDP data and analytics to various stakeholders in the investment community;
- Developing guidance documents for CDP and Investor processes;
- Creating and maintaining library of PowerPoint decks and other marketing information;
- Utilizing CRM database to maintain and add customer records as well as draft and distribute mass emails to CDP constituents; and
- Helping convene and organize investor roundtables, roadshows, and other informational events; liaising with other teams internally to align communications and outreach.
Required skills and experience:
- Comfortable liaising with contacts in senior positions at pension funds, insurance companies and investment managers;
- A desire to take ownership and responsibility for their work;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills and a desire to seek out networking opportunities;
- The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure and take pride in working to a high standard;
- A flexible but diligent working style, with proven record of working within a team;
- Attention to detail critical; and
- Strong computer software skills, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and analytical skills.
This is a full time role based at CDP’s New York office in Manhattan.
Salary and benefits: Competitive NGO salary, annual discretionary bonus, excellent health & dental benefits, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days’ vacation annually.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the US.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to [email protected] with ‘Project Officer, Investor Initiatives’ in the subject. The deadline is April 21, 2017.