Verisk Maplecroft integrates global risk analytics, expert insight and user-centric platforms to help organisations build resilience and unlock competitive and reputational advantage.
- The successful candidate will be a recent graduate who has a background or working knowledge of environmental and human rights issues affecting the production of raw materials (hard and soft).
- The analyst will play a key role conducting research and analysis of human rights and environmental risks within raw material / commodity supply chains. The successful candidate can expect to work on:
- The research outputs and insights from the candidate will be used by the world’s leading companies across retail, food and beverage, ICT, extractives and financial sectors to help embed sustainability within their supply chain strategies and operational decision making.
- The role will involve close collaboration with our Human Rights, Environment and Analytics research teams plus regular consulting engagements.
- Commodity risk assessments, identifying the key social and environmental risk issues affecting the production of raw materials in major sourcing geographies.
- Producing regular written analysis and reports related to raw material.
- Performing regular research of sustainability risks within raw material / commodity supply chains – the research will largely focus on human rights and environmental challenges at the farm / mine level, but will extend through supply chain tiers and thematic risk areas (e.g. political, economic, market risk, etc.)
- Conducting daily research on key raw materials and producing written content around new developments
- Conducting peer review of research prior to publication
- Contributing to the company’s social media strategy via the release of content for Twitter, LinkedIn and other media channels
- Delivering subject and theoretical knowledge to clients via consulting activity
- Supporting the Sales and Marketing team through client engagements
Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate would be a recent graduate with 1 to 2 years’ experience conducting analysis on human rights and/or environmental issues.
Key attributes for the successful candidate are likely to include:
- Subject matter knowledge of raw material / commodity supply chains
- Technical understanding of sustainability risks inherent to raw material / commodity supply chains
- Qualitative and quantitative research expertise
- Project management skills
- Communication skills, particularly the ability to create clear and insightful written content
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite, with some experience with Excel
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. environmental science, environmental policy and regulation, human rights law, energy and climate policy) though a combination of an undergraduate degree and work experience will be considered in lieu.
- Innovation. Verisk Maplecroft is committed to ensuring that our product offering remains at the cutting edge. The successful candidate will be creative and solutions-focused.
Desirable knowledge and skill sets include:
- In-depth knowledge of one or more key sectors, including retail, food and beverage, ICT, extractives and financial sectors
- Supply chain management and / or value chain analysis
- Responsible sourcing / procurement
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Risk management or IFC Performance Standards
- Social / socio-economic impact assessment
- Carbon footprinting or Life Cycle Analysis
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Language skills, including Spanish, French or Chinese.
- Analytical skills
- Presentations skills
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis
- Communication skills
- Efficiency focus
- Client focused
Maplecroft Core Values
Maplecroft is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. e value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Maplecroft values each individual’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Maplecroft’s success.
For USA based Candidates
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Maplecroft by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email to [email protected].
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
Closing date: (internal applications only)
Please submit your resume and cover letter, outlining the knowledge, skills and experience you have to make you a suitable candidate.
Please ensure you discuss your intention to apply with your line manager in advance.
For further information please contact Claire Webster, [email protected]