WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from self-motivated and dynamic individual individuals with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature, to join our Rivers, Wetlands and Water Policy programme as ‘Programme Manager’.
The incumbent shall be responsible for managing the monitoring and evaluation of the programme work plans and manage the administrative responsibilities related to purchase and procurement for the Rivers Wetlands and Water Policy programme.
Location: New Delhi, with travel to field sites.
The Job Profile:
- Provide administrative support to the Rivers, Wetlands & Water Policy team for smooth programme management and manage administrative responsibilities related to procurement and purchase, budgets/funding and other relevant issues.
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation of the work plan, budgets for time bound delivery of the project outcomes and its effectiveness.
- Collate, analyse and prepare technical reports on the progress of different programme components against a pre-designed work-plan and donor requirements.
- Work with the teams in the Secretariat and in the field locations to prepare quality funding proposals, and timely submission of the same, for raising funds to carry on strategic work and broaden the scope according to the targeted resource available.
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing among team for overall development of the programme.
- Coordinate with the field and secretariat teams of Rivers, Wetlands & Water Policy Programme for development of working papers and policy briefs for advocacy.
- Represent WWF – India in policy forums, including conferences, meetings etc.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
· Masters degree in Science/Environment or Social Sciences/Management
· 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in programme coordination, monitoring & evaluation and proposal development, preferably in the water sector.
· Proactive and self motivated, with the ability to identify funding opportunities and take initiative to write proposals.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to read and write Hindi well, given the geographical location of the programme districts
· Ability to deliver within tight deadlines
· Excellent inter personal and coordination skills
Apply Via Email to:
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
Last Date for sending applications: 30th June, 2016
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Programme Manager – Rivers, Wetlands and Water Policy”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.