WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from self-motivated and dynamic individual individuals with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature, to join our Wetlands Conservation programme as ‘Communications Officer’ and manage all communications as well as activities related to outreach, advocacy and awareness campaigns related to the programme in Karnataka.
Location: Bangalore, with frequent travel to field sites.
The Job Profile:
- Design and implement communications and outreach plan targeted at various stakeholders. Responsible for delivering key messages in an effective manner through different communication channels including social media, WWF-India website.
- Act as focal point for all communications related to the program and manage various activities related to outreach, advocacy and awareness campaigns.
- Design and implement a plan to engage the employees of the Donor in various field activities to wetland conservation.
- Prepare media briefs, press releases, communication summary of technical reports for various target groups including local communities, Government agencies, students, academic institutions, and others.
- Liaise with media and other relevant institutions to share case studies and success stories in order to maximize the visibility of the programme.
- Engage with communication teams of WWF-India and the WWF network
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Masters degree in Mass Communications/ Journalism/ Public Relations/Design
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to write content for various channels including case studies, feature stories etc and creatively package and reposition content in a timely manner for various stakeholders.
· Ability to read and write Kannada is essential.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
· Proactive and self motivated, with the ability to identify communication opportunities and take initiative to plan campaign activities
· Ability to deliver within tight deadlines
· Excellent inter personal skills and ability to identify and support communication needs of the programme.
· Knowledge of working with Design software (Corel draw/Adobe Illustrator/Indesign, Adobe Photoshop) shall be an advantage.
· Knowledge of basic editing software to develop/oversee video projects.
Apply Via Email to:
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
Last Date for sending applications: 30th June, 2016
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Communications Officer -Wetlands Conservation, Bangalore”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.