Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded integrated nutrition, agriculture, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) project, Scaling Up Nutrition Technical Assistance Activity in Zambia (SUN TA). This six-year activity will work to increase access to water and sanitation, improve the productivity and capacity of high-value, nutrient-rich value chains, and increase household knowledge and support for new eating and child-feeding habits through multilevel and multisector engagement. Collaborating jointly with the Ministries of Agriculture, Health, Community Development and Education, this project will assist the government of the Republic of Zambia to reduce growth stunting in the country’s Eastern and Central Provinces. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in their communities and around the world.
- Manage overall technical and administrative leadership of the project
- Serve as the project’s key liaison with USAID, the government of Zambia, project stakeholders and partners, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Ensure overall compliance with USAID contractual obligations, program purpose, and objectives including addressing cross-cutting issues, such as gender considerations
- Oversee implementation of all project activities, contracts, monitoring and evaluation, program budgeting, and grants
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, social sciences, business administration, agricultural economics
- Minimum ten years of progressively responsible experience managing and implementing USAID or other donor-funded nutrition, WASH, agriculture, social and behavior change communications, and/or public health programs
- Experience managing large, complex donor projects, particularly USAID-funded contracts, as chief of party, deputy chief of party, or senior technical advisor
- Proven success collaborating with diverse stakeholders including local governments, community leaders, donor officials, NGOs, and other U.S. government partners
- Experience in technical implementation and project management in Zambia or Southern Africa
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English
Send electronic submissions, including your CV and cover letter with “Chief of party” in the subject line to [email protected] by April 17, 2017. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.