The Executive Director position presents a unique opportunity for a mission-driven leader who is passionate and dedicated to environmental quality and natural resource conservation to lead Chino Basin Water Conservation District’s (CBWCD) progressive services and programs in the region. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead the organization’s strategic growth in the region, forging new collaborative partnerships and alliances with like-minded public agencies, school districts, nonprofits, academic institutions, and professional organizations that share CBWCD’s passion for conservation education and water resources management. The Executive Director will be responsible for realizing the vision and Strategic Plan of CBWCD with emphasis on scaling the agency for greater impact and growing the reach of the organization’s services and programs throughout the region.
This leader will build on recent successes of CBWCD and position the organization as a regional leader in water resource conservation. The Executive Director will create a greater presence for CBWCD in the region by elevating the organization’s marketing, development, and branding efforts while building and strengthening CBWCD’s partnerships.
- Board Development: Develop, maintain, and support a strong, forward-thinking Board of Directors. Energize and actively engage board members and committees in strategic initiatives.
- Staff Management & Development: Lead and inspire staff to fulfill CBWCD’s vision while elevating staff expertise and core competencies for professional development.
- Partnerships, Communications, and Community Relations: Build strategic partnerships that advance the agency’s mission while developing and implementing a communications strategy.
- Financial Management & Funding Development: Oversee the financial management of the agency while seeking out new funding opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
CBWCD is seeking an energetic, dynamic, and experienced leader with at least five years of progressively responsible experience in a leadership position at a nonprofit organization or public agency with success in managing, developing, and motivating a high-performing management team. This leader will have a passion for conservation, the environment and working collaboratively with staff, elected officials, and the public. The Executive Director will have successful experience growing an organization through strategic leadership and strong external partnerships, with proven expertise in managing and developing an organization’s operational and financial capacity. Experience creating or working with 501c3 organizations is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will possess the following core competencies:
- Strategic leadership and management expertise
- Passion for conservation and education
- External relations and strategic communications
- Relationship building and organizational collaboration
- High personal awareness and emotional intelligence
- Experience growing and scaling an organization
If you are interested in applying, please visit CBWCD’s online job portal at http://www.cbwcd.org/jobs.aspx and submit an application with a cover letter and resume. The filing deadline is April 26, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. (PST). If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Henson at 858.248.7701 or [email protected]