You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
being responsible of the monitoring and supervision of all Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH) projects in South Lebanon (2 or more), organizing following up and capacitating the project teams, ensuring that activities are met according to the contractual agreements and the quality standards of Action Against Hunger
Key activities in your role will include
· Technical advice and guidance on WaSH projects
· To promote the comprehension and support the implementation of WaSH strategy in the intervention area.
· Participation to stakeholders’ coordination
· Team Management
· Reporting and Capitalisation
· Admin/Finance/Log (in coordination with Log/Admin)
Want more details ? Check the job description
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
· At least 3 years’ experience in designing and implementing WaSH systems in private, development and/or humanitarian projects (with Action Against Hunger preferable).
· Degree and/or Master Degree in water Engineering, Hydrology or in humanitarian action or any related field, with special focus on Programme Cycle Management.
· We are looking for a problem solver, with a flexible mind-set, the ability to deal with practical WaSH solutions and to think strategically.
· Significant experience in working in collaboration with local partners, government bodies, INGOs and donor agencies;
· Excellent knowledge of project cycle management;
· Ability to identify possible new activities and elaborate proposals for new projects, as well as the ability to report adequately to donors and headquarters.
· English compulsory (excellent command); Arabic (not compulsory but preferable).
· Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel.
· Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network – and a great team, with the following remuneration package:
· Formal work contract: until the end of the year (2017)
· Base: Tyre.
· Salary: from 1,375€ to 1,750€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger, Spain HQ).
· Action Against Hunger, Spain HQ remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
· Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger, Spain HQ)
· House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
· Travel costs to and from the mission.
· 25 working days of paid leave per year.
· Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
· Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
· Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger, Spain HQ).
We will only consider the applications received on our online portal. You can find the application form here :
Applications deadline: 2nd May 2017
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline.