Job Number: 503880 | Vacancy Link
Location: South Sudan
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
Purpose of the Position
To Improve and strengthen existing WASH specific monitoring and evaluation systems, tools and plans to respond to current donor requirements.
Under the direct supervision and technical guidance of the Chief of WASH in Juba, the WASH.
Officer will be responsible for developing section monitoring frame work, compiling field monitoring reports by different staff, regular updating of WASH indicators and establishing and updating UNICEF activity database for donor and cluster reports.
The incumbent will also conduct regular field monitoring and assessment to fill data gaps and verify information reported by implementing partners.
Conditions of Work
The duty station will be Juba with frequent field mission countrywide
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop comprehensive indicator reference documentation for each WASH programme outputs of the current WASH programme.
- In close collaboration with WASH staff, conduct comprehensive review of existing data base for capturing, management and reporting to donors.
- Develop/revise existing data collection tools and train focal points UNICEF and partner staffs on these tools.
- Establish WASH activity database and update the database regularly by collecting data from field offices, implementing partners and government counterparts.
- Review M&E system, develop monitoring and evaluation plan and reporting system for specific projects implemented by the WASH Section.
- Coordinate with partners to ensure that monitoring systems are properly designed, and that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across WASH Partners to feed into to programme performance monitoring.
- In close collaboration with partners, ensure that an M&E capacity building strategy for WASH staff and implementing partners and institutions exists in the context of the IMEP, M&E plan. Pay particular attention so the capacity needs of national partners to strengthen by involvement in monitoring processes and possibly through specific capacity building initiatives and report to ensure data quality is not compromise.
- Design specific Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks for each WASH project funded by different donors. Ensure that baseline data is gathered for the various indicators for all the locations being supported through these project, so that later judgments can be made about the quality and development results achieved by the projects.
- Design and schedule the mid-term and end-line evaluations of different donor supported projects as per agreed timeframes with the donors.
- Undertake regular collection, analysis and reporting of monitoring data using the agreed monitoring systems, and advice UNICEF and partners on status and efficiency of programme implementation, and any remedial action required to enhance and improve programme delivery.
- Assess capacity of implementing partners on Monitoring and Reporting, develop a capacity building plan, and implement accordingly with support from WASH and PME staff.
- Support WASH section to conduct any other M&E activities as needed, and coordinate with relevant actors to enhance overall M&E and utilization of results.
- Document any good practices developed as part of the implementation of the WASH projects.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
University Degree in water, sanitation and hygiene related fields, public health, environmental sciences, mechanical engineering, civil engineering or any other related field.
2. Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience at professional level in water and sanitation, Monitoring and evaluation or in related field.
- Good knowledge of computer systems and applications
- knowledge on monitoring and information management
- Good communication, analytical skills;
- Establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Willingness to take on immediately the assignment
Fluency in English as a working language
Competencies of Successful Candidate
1. Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
2. Core Competencies
- Communication [ II ]
- Working with People [ II ]
- Drive for Results [ II ]
3. Functional Competencies
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
- Analyzing [ II ]
- Applying Technical Expertise [ II ]
- Learning and Researching [ I ]
To view our competency framework, please click here.
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Please note that Juba is a non-family duty station.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service
Opening Date Tue Apr 04 2017 08:00:00 GMT+0200 (SAST) E. Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Tue Apr 18 2017 22:55:00 GMT+0200 (SAST)