CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project) is seeking a detail-oriented self-starter with good relationship management skills, as well as knowledge around the business implications of environmental impacts, to join our Asia Pacific team, based in Hong Kong.
CDP works to transform the way the world does business to prevent dangerous climate change and protect our natural resources. CDP motivates companies and cities to report their environmental impacts and in 2016, over 5,800 companies and over 500 cities used the CDP platform to report their climate change, water and deforestation data. CDP is head quartered in the UK with a presence in 12 other major business centers around the world. It is an independent not-for profit organization, funded by a combination of commercial income and government and philanthropic grants.
The role of Project Officer, Asia Pacific, is an entry level position to an exciting and fast growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing CDP’s influence and effectiveness in the Asia Pacific region by supporting the tasks of the Asia Pacific operations. The position will be based in Hong Kong.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting Asia Pacific companies in disclosing information to CDP;
- Co-creation, organization, completion and follow-up of CDP events in the region;
- Providing research and analysis for projects;
- Supporting the production of regional CDP reports and other publications;
- Providing client services and follow-up to current CDP partners, local agents, and sponsors;
- Working with program teams in London
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong academic background with degree preferably in business administration and/ or sustainable development/environmental management;
- A desire to drive action to avoid dangerous climate change and natural capital degradation;
- Sound understanding of the business and financial sectors and insights into the implications of environmental issues on these sectors;
- A self-starter with ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and good research, writing and drafting skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills and a desire to seek out networking opportunities
- A creative, innovative team player with client service orientation and interpersonal skills in a multicultural setting;
- Must be highly competent in spoken and written English;
- Good knowledge of MS Office, experience in CRM systems desirable.
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in Hong Kong. We offer a competitive NGO salary and an annual bonus.
How to Apply Interested candidates should send their CV with a short cover letter in English to [email protected], with the subject line “Application: Project Officer Asia Pacific – First name Last name”.
Please apply as soon as possible, we aim to fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate and we will be interviewing candidates as applications are received.