About Company : Malteser International (MI) is a worldwide relief organization with more than 50 years of experience in humanitarian aid and at present covers around 100 projects in about 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas. Malteser International provides aid in all parts of the world without distinction of religion, race or political persuasion. Malteser International establishes and promotes primary healthcare services and seeks to reduce vulnerability and poverty.
Duties and Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of Area Coordinator, “Project Officer WASH” is responsible for running and supervising water, sanitation and hygiene programs at all stages of the project management cycle in two UCs of District Thatta.
- He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints.
- Implementation of latrines or other sanitation facilities in targeted area.
- Supervise the WASH team (Hygiene promoters, Engineers) and provide them the technical support, training and capacity building.
- Develop and ensure the use of appropriate techniques and materials for hygiene promotion and training.
- Supervise all work of WASH at two RHCs and one BHU.
- With support from the Area Coordinator, identify WASH programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- Represent Malteser International externally and collaborate/coordinate with local authorities, counterparts, partners and stakeholders.
- Follow the log frame and ensure qualitative and quantitative monitoring
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and final reports.
- Organize and participate in meetings of WASH committees.
- Assist and support Area Coordinator to design ToRs for consultancies
- Ensure that all data is updated, well organized and easily accessible; and that lessons learnt and best practice are capitalized.
- Any other task assigned by Area Coordinator
Required Skills and Experience
- BSc / MSc in Water / Environmental Engineering or Management or Public Health Engineering or Civil Engineering or Hydrology / Geology desirable.
- Minimum four years’ experience related to WASH with INGOs or NGOs.
- Experience of project management, supervision and monitoring
- Communicating, presentation and Report writing skills
- Preference will be given to local candidate and Sindhi language is highly desirable