Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech’s Integrated Watershed Management (IWM) group has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and talented Water Resources Planner/Economist with a strong quantitative and qualitative skillset to support municipal, state, federal, and private projects. The ideal candidate will support routine and non-routine assignments related to integrated water management, watershed management, green and gray infrastructure, and ecosystem services. This position will conduct various types of research, assessment, planning and implementation tasks to assist clients with various aspects of water resources management (program development, watershed planning, increasing resilience, stormwater management, environmental compliance, floodplain management, and infrastructure planning).
- Conduct research related to water resources planning and management (technical and policy related)
- Analyze water resources (quantity and quality) data using GIS and statistical techniques
- Support characterization studies (watershed, community/infrastructure resilience, policies, approaches)
- Support development of management options and strategies
- Conduct economic analyses (cost-benefit, triple bottom line, life cycle cost) to support planning
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps and tables/matrices
- Prepare memos and reports to contribute to project documentation and deliverables
- Compile and compute a variety of data; catalog and manage databases
- Support field analysis of watershed resources (upland, wetland, riparian and stream channel areas)
- Conduct quality control and assurance
- Master’s degree in water resources or environmental management with economics training
- Experience conducting research, analyzing data to support policy, preparing written analysis
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and ArcGIS
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in emerging topics in water resources and integrated management
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
No agencies or calls please.