Field of activity
The proliferation of water crises is the biggest global risk facing countries and industries (2015 World Economic Forum Global Risk Report). In many developing and emerging economies water-related hazards such as floods, shortages and pollution, create increasing economic risks, threatening private sector profits, supply chains and investments. These hazards also massively impact on communities and governments, threatening to choke socio-economic development. New partnerships among governments, companies and communities must be forged urgently to address these threats effectively. In response, the International Water Stewardship Programme (IWaSP) promotes corporate water stewardship and multi-stakeholder collective action for water security. To assess and manage water risks IWaSP utilizes cutting edge approaches as well as tools for enabling partnerships. IWaSP is active in Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Pakistan, Saint Lucia, Grenada and Zambia.
IWaSP’s approach and partnerships are highly innovative, involving cutting edge approaches to collaboration and joint investments to improve water security for all. It is critical that the lessons and impacts of this innovative approach are well documented and communicated to potential partners and funders, peers in the water sector and the general public in order for IWaSP to achieve its strategic learning and growth objectives, and to support the global water stewardship movement. Your role will take the lead in documenting and disseminating lessons in attractive styles and formats to IWaSP’s various audiences. You will also take a lead on press relations and overall knowledge management for the programme.
- Writing of attractive documents and articles, including beneficiary and success stories, project descriptions, lessons learnt, funding applications, official reports and press briefings
- Managing the development of a regular newsletter, website content, and internal and external publications,
- Assisting in structuring and developing attractive content and format
- Advising programme management and country teams to ensure consistency of messaging
- Managing development of the IWaSP Brand
- Formulating key messages for a diversity of audiences
- Overseeing all aspects of internal and external knowledge management
- Overseeing all aspects of media relations
- University Degree in Mass communications, Journalism, Public relations, Media law and ethics or News writing and editing with experience in Water/Natural Resources Management, International Development or Sustainability topic
- Or Master’s Degree in technical field such Hydrology, Engineering, Geography, Economics or Business Administration with excellent writing and communication skills and proven experience as press officer, knowledge management officer or similar position
- Excellent communication and writing skills; being able to reduce complex contexts into different communications formats are easy to understand for the public and different target audiences.
- Experience in developing and managing knowledge management systems would be an advantage
- Experience in working in the field of international development or sustainability would be an advantage
- Strong team player; enjoying to work in an agile team; being able to respond to changing demands
- Written and spoken English must be fluent to a high professional standard, German would be an asset
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 10.04.2017.