WaterAid is looking for a Sustainable WASH Advisor to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the Programme Support Unit, the Sustainable WASH Advisor will
- Coordinate the sharing of knowledge and successful approaches that contribute towards sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services.
- Provide advice, thought leadership, mentoring and capacity development to teams working to address water, sanitation and hygiene sustainability, linking with colleagues in the policy and programme teams.
- Organise workshops and training and support the process of experience documentation.
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- A Masters qualification in a WASH related discipline or in public policy and management.
- An in-depth knowledge of the factors impacting on the sustainability or water, sanitation and hygiene services.
- A proven track record of effectively facilitating learning and sharing of knowledge across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the different roles of government, private sector, service providers, civil society and service users for WASH service sustainability.
- Ability to synthesise different sources of information into clear and concise documents.
By 2030 we want everyone, everywhere to have clean water and sanitation. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as an exceptional pension fund, medical cash plans, an employee assistance programme, generous annual leave and Save As You Learn schemes, as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 9th May (first interviews) and Thursday 11th May pm (second interviews).
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.