The role of the communications manager is to plan and execute media campaigns for STWI as well as follow-up on daily media activities, such as web updates, social media updates, etc.
The Communication Manager reports directly to STWI General Manager on all STWI related executive and administrative responsibilities. The responsibility for communication and reporting lies primarily with the Communication Manager.
The Communication Manager reports directly to the STWI Director on SIWI Internal process-related responsibilities and activities.
Key Responsibility Areas
- World Water Week: Develop a communications toolbox for brands out of the textile workshop. This includes interviews before during and after the seminar, and the production of a film (or a multimedia product) aimed at helping brands understand how sustainability work works.
- World Water Week: Contribute to the design, management and execution of the STWI showcase.
- Press releases for World Water Week, and for 2016 annual results
- Reorganizing and replenishing information on website and develop a plan with scheduled updates
- Develop the global report with the team
- Market STWI
- Develop Governance global summary reports
- Help brands with communication tools
- Represent STWI at conferences etc.
Other Responsibility Areas
- Coordinating complex projects involving international stakeholders
- Organizing workshops, meetings, and logistics for training and education activities
- Project management, team management, administration and accounting
- Good coordination with the SIWI Communications team
- An advanced university degree in communications
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 7 years working with similar tasks and responsibilities
- The applicant must have excellent spoken, written and presentation skills in business / academic English and good command of Swedish
- Well-developed presentation and public speaking skills.
- Well-travelled person who has worked in an international environment, preferably for European or US-based employers.
The deadline for submission is 7 April, 2017 Central European Time (CET). We will interview continuously, so submit your application as soon as possible.
All applications should be sent to: [email protected]
The Sweden Textile Water Initiative (STWI) is a leading global program on sustainable resource use in textile manufacturing processes. The program aims at building capacity of production companies – suppliers and sub-suppliers of our partner brands – to achieve a triple-win: better environmental performance, better corporate citizenship and better financial prospects.