The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) is one of the leading research institutes on development policy. Through excellent research, policy advice and training, the Institute contributes to finding solutions to global challenges.
Department “Environmental Policy and Natural Resources Management” is seeking a
Researcher (m/f) (PhD position)
Part-time up to 27,3 hours/week,
Salary according to German public service tariff (TVöD);
Subject to final approval of funds, the position may be filled as of 01 May 2017 and is limited to three years.
The person will carry out research and policy advice in the transdisciplinary research project “Steering competence for achieving the aims of integrated water management (STEER)” funded by the German Ministry of Science and Education (BMBF) and conducted jointly with the universities of Osnabrück and Kassel as well as Ecologic. He/she will inter alia contribute to the development of the project’s conceptual and methodological framework (so called diagnostic approach), will carry out a case study on water governance in Mongolia, will coordinate stakeholder workshops in Mongolia and will contribute to comparative analyses and validation studies in the project. The preparation of a dissertation within the project is expressly desired.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Master with very good grades in political science, social science or economics or in geography or sustainability sciences with proven social science record;
- Proven knowledge on and experience with environmental and water policy and qualitative and quantitative social science methods; good knowledge of institutional or social-ecological systems theory are of added value;
- Experiences in working in developing countries; experience in Mongolia and with policy advice are of advantage;
- Willingness to work in inter- and transdisciplinary teams and proven organizational skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English, good Mongolian and good German language skills are advantageous;
- Willingness and aptness to travel abroad, including countries with a tropical climate (“Tropentauglichkeit”).
The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) offers an inspiring, family-friendly working environment at the interface of research and policy advice, with ample opportunities to engage in scientific debates, international discussions and political processes.
As the DIE is committed to increasing the share of female staff members, women are particularly encouraged to apply. In the case of equal qualification, physically challenged persons will be given preference.
For further questions, please contact Ines Dombrowsky.
When applying, please note the position number 2017-IV-02 Applications including all necessary documents (motivation letter, CV, relevant certificates) should preferably be submitted by e-mail by 16 April 2017 at:
Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
Tulpenfeld 6, 53113 Bonn/Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)228 94927-0 | [email protected]
www.die-gdi.de | www.facebook.com/DIE.Bonn