It’s hard to believe that today over 663 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without a toilet.
WaterAid Sierra Leone (Freetown) is looking for a Fundraising and Grants Manager to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the WaterAid Sierra Leone Team, the Fundraising and Grants Manager will be responsible for the following key areas:
- Develop fundraising plans in both Liberia and Sierra Leone
- Complete donor mapping and develop database of prospective donors
- Ensures implemented contracts meet donor specification and requirements
- Timely submission of reports to donors; adhering to expected quality standards
- Manage contracts and donor relationships efficiently and effectively
- Timely submission of final project reports and projects closed out properly administratively and programmatically
- Ensure partner NGOs are equipped to manage project funds in line with donor requirements
- Lead and represent the Country Program (CP) in consortiums and partnerships
- Accuracy of grants management system, aiding programme effectiveness and delivery.
To be successful, you’ll need to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Relevant academic and professional qualification
- Proven experience in accountancy in an international development organisation
- IT literacy, especially in Excel and Word
- Experience in the use of finance/accounting software packages and preparation of complete financial statements and audit experience.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
How to apply
Please note: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Sierra Leone.