It’s hard to believe that today over 663 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without a toilet.
WaterAid Ghana is looking for a Grants Manager to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring accuracy of grants management system, aiding programme effectiveness and delivery, and ability of WAG to provide post closure information normally required up to seven years on ended grants
- Manage donor contracts and projects to improve relations and ensure compliance with WaterAid restricted funds, and implement guidelines for donor contract reporting
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include preparation and timely submission of grant reports, development of associated budgets, coordination of budgeted costs
- Liaison with donors, partner organizations, and WaterAid members (e.g. UK/US/Australia) to manage donor contracts and relationships
- Train as necessary, staff and partners in aspects related to grants date management systems, protocols and compliance needs
- Assists in annual audit of grants, and ensures compliance with the rules and guidelines administered by the donors
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Degree in Finance, Project Management, Business Management or a related professional qualification
- Four years’ experience in accounting, including preparation of complete financial statements (balance sheet and income statement), audit experience
- Grant Management: Working knowledge of bilateral/multilateral institutions (USAID, EU, UKAID) US Foundations, and/or global or national corporate entities financial management rules and regulations
- Non-profit (in particular voluntary organisation or international non-governmental organisation) experience is favourable
- Experience working with Excel, GAS, SUN, and VISION accounting/financial systems
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
How to apply
- Download a job description >
- Send your CV and a letter of interest to [email protected] using ‘Grants Manager’ as the subject of their email.
Please note: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Sierra Leone.