For our business area ‘Water Engineering’ we are currently searching for a consultant/engineer (m/f) with specialisation in the water infrastructure sector. Place of work is our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt), Germany.
Our business area ‘Water Engineering’ provides independent and high quality engineering services in the water, sanitation, environment and adjacent infrastructure sectors. These include preparatory, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies to cost benefit analysis, environmental and social impact assessment and detailed studies. We also offer procurement services under international conditions of contract and construction supervision.
As consultant/engineer you cover the whole project cycle, from acquisition of new projects to negotiations and technical/financial backstopping of on-going projects. Moreover, you travel worldwide for fact finding, backstopping and short- and medium term missions.
Your tasks in brief
- Tracking of projects/early intelligence, research of background information;
- Contact to/networking with donors, clients, partners, and experts; and
- Preparation of Expressions of Interest (EoI), pre-qualification documents and proposals: identification of experts and partners, negotiations, preparation of methodologies and financial proposals, fact finding on-site, proposal coordination.
- Management of projects from a technical and financial point of view;
- Coordination and supervision of water projects;
- Review and preparation of reports;
- Technical, administrative, and logistical support for the project team on site; and
- Donor, client, partner, and expert management.
- Missions abroad (short- and medium-term) in international water and/or infrastructure projects.
- A challenging and varied job in a motivated team;
- An international work environment;
- Short communication and decision-making processes combined with a considerable scope of action;
- Possibilities for personal and career development; and
- A secure employment on a permanent basis.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your application (cover letter and CV in French or English, references/certificates if available) to
GOPA Infra GmbH
Ms Natascha Lehnert
61348 Bad Homburg
Email: [email protected]
T: +49 6172 930 475
- Civil engineering degree (Master), ideally with focus on urban water management;
- At least 5 years experience in the water sector, ideally in the consulting business as project manager for water infrastructure projects;
- Proven experience in the acquisition and management of engineering projects;
- Knowledge of donor procedures and requirements, especially KfW and European Investment Bank (EIB) is a plus;
- Fluent business French and English language skills and at least basic German language skills;
- Strong writing, communication, networking and team-working skills;
- Work experience abroad in target countries for development cooperation is a plus; and
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package.
Please notice that we can only accept applications of candidates with an EU citizenship respectively a valid residence and work permit for Germany.