The Division Head works under the direction of the Director, Department of Natural Resources, and is responsible for management/oversight of all Water Resource Division operations including water resource planning, irrigation activities, soil conservation activities, and the Tribe’s Weed Management Program. The program promotes the appropriate use, development, and conservation of the Tribe’s water and soil resources in accordance with all Tribal policies and any applicable State, Federal, or other regulations. This positionis a grade 23 / $69,597.00/annually.
Education and Experience
- Must have a BS/BA in Water Resource Management, Hydrology, Natural Resource Management, Engineering or closely related field. A combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for all or part of the degree requirement.
- Must have 4 years of experience in water resource management, planning, and program administration.
- Must have 3 years supervisory experience and have supervised a workforce of at least 3 employees.
- Must have 2 years of experience providing technical support for the development of legal documents related to water resources.
- Must have general computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have valid driver’s license for state of residency and be insurable under the Tribal Vehicle Insurance Policy.
- Must pass a thorough criminal history background check and pre-employment drug test.
General knowledge of the Southern Ute Indian Reservation, Pine River Irrigation Project, Tribal natural resources, Tribal land status issues, and Colorado water law.
Computer experience in Access and ArcView.
Company: Southern Ute Indian Tribe
Job Location: Ignacio, CO
How To Apply
Please apply online at:https://careers.southernute.com/pfund