About the Position
Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees across the world helps drive this solution.
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Global Program Coordinator to support the overall development, implementation, promotion and evaluation of Water For People’s global program work. The position is critical to the coordination and consolidation of logistical and administrative information from country programs throughout the rest of the organization. The Global Program Coordinator (based in Denver) supports the activities of the Regional Program Officers (Africa and Latin America) and Liaison (India) as the priority, and supports the rest of the Global Programs team as time is available.
As a member of the Global Programs team, it is important that the Global Program Coordinator demonstrates clear understanding of organizational priorities, mission, vision, values and strategic goals and objectives, as well as trust and teamwork in all aspects of Water For People business.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
Program administration and support
- Provides global programmatic information that is more administrative and logistical in nature and supports Regional Program Officers and Liaison with all other information requests
- Coordinates and monitors progress on specific projects and deliverables across all country programs
- Facilitates internal and external visits to Country Programs, including planning, initiating and maintaining ongoing working relationships, and periodically co-leading donor trips
- Organizes hospitality and schedule for Country Program visitors in Denver
- Coordinates bi-weekly Global Programs team meetings and other departmental meetings
- Manages programmatic calendars including travel
- Provides Spanish translation support to Global Programs team and other teams as needed.
Provides coordination support to business planning in the region(s)
- Sets schedules and coordinates review process for Annual Operational Plans, Annual Budgets, Bi-Annual Reports and Country Strategies
- Coordinates process for updating quarterly Tracking Spreadsheets that quantify beneficiary numbers in each country program
- Supports Regional Program Officers and Liaison to update the tools and processes for annual reflection workshops
Maintains organizational information on programs, current and historically
- Researches and collects programmatic information needed for donor communications, grant proposals and grant reports, with the ability to lead the review of select global reports and proposals, in support of requests from the Business Development (BD) team
- Compiles global program information to support creation of content for external communications and marketing, with the ability to lead the review of select content such as human interest stories and translations in support of requests from the Marketing and Communications team
- Researches and provides information on current and future projects.
Understands and communicates organizational approach to select audiences with limited knowledge of our work in the Denver area
- Represents Water For People under the supervision of the Director of Program Quality at local conferences and meetings
- Communicates to technical aspects of global development projects to non-technical audiences
Facilitates training sessions for organizational learning and sharing between headquarters and country programs, and between country programs
- Promotes and organizes Regional Learning Initiatives under leadership of RPOs and Program Quality team
- Compiles, edits, and translates updates from nine country programs and Global Programs Team to publish a monthly internal newsletter, with programmatic review from Regional Program Officers and Liaison as needed
- Supporting country program legal registration renewals and power of attorney documents
- Other duties assigned by the Regional Program Officers and Liaison and Director of Program Quality, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing translations of organizational documents and communications
- Providing support for short-term volunteer field assignments
Behaviors and Competencies
- Connects to the Mission – embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity– understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Demonstrates Cultural Awareness – shows empathy, a high comfort level in the developing world, and unquestionable integrity; able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Connects with Others – demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, exceptional networker, key influencer, and be comfortable representing Water For People across a wide variety of audiences
- Action-oriented – has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development or related field
- At least three years of experience in related field, preferably international development or water and sanitation.
- Experience with international development organizations and foundations
- Professional-level bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish, written and spoken is essential. Previous experience in a bilingual or Spanish-speaking work environment preferred
- At least one year field experience in a developing country desirable.
- Good “people skills” and situation judgment in dealing effectively with a variety of constituencies, such as staff, donors, volunteers, and representatives of related organizations.
- High degree of commitment to programs in international development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and able to meet tight deadlines and function in a high stress environment while maintaining congeniality and professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and monitoring multiple projects, with the aptitude to problem solve and respond creatively to adjustments to the project approach.
- Ability to be a creative thinker, energetic and demonstrate enthusiasm in this role.
- Experience in program planning, donor reporting and communications.
- Practical experience in effectively relating to people of all levels and professions and experience working successfully in multi-cultural environments.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to developing countries, where travel is rugged, up to 10% of time.
- Required to work outside of normal business hours while traveling and when hosting visitors.
- Ability to work in open office environment.
- This position is based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
- Driver’s license required and willingness to transport visitors to and from airport and other destinations during visits.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Deadline for submitting your application is 5 pm MDT, Tuesday, April 4, 2017.
This is a full time, exempt position with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.