WaterAid is looking for a Policy Officer – Monitoring and Accountability to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the policy team, the post-holder will:
- Building the WASHwatch.org community among southern civil society organisations (CSO) by encouraging and supporting CSOs to interact with the website
- Supporting CSO’s and other WASHwatch end users in using website content in advocacy
- Supporting CSO’s and others (e.g. WaterAid country programmes) in WASH sector monitoring and analysis efforts
- Developing relationships with, and providing support to formal sector monitoring bodies (e.g. SWA, JMP, AMCOW, FANSA). Within this remit you will contribute to influencing the development of improved commitments, indicators, and metrics for monitoring.
- Contributing to WASHwatch strategy development, proposing ideas for community engagement and outreach, and monitoring WASHwatch progress through producing quarterly evaluation reports.
- Providing support via research on the decisions of the project board on the design of the website.
- Coordinating between internal and external stakeholders (i.e. the web development agency, civil society, other aid agencies).
- Monitoring and updating WASHwatch.org social media channels – Producing copy for a monthly blog
- Developing copy and inputting all content (including text and datasets) for WASHwach.org
- Supporting WaterAid’s media and communication teams to accurately and creatively use data. This includes fact checking, responding to requests for statistics, and providing technical support on how to use and visualize data.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent work experience
- Enthusiasm for digital projects
- Highly organised and ability to manage projects
- Excellent communications skills, adept establishing relationship and building trust, and demonstrating an approachable character in person and in writing.
- Highly skilled with Word, expert with Excel, competent with PowerPoint, HTML and Social Media platforms
- Highly numerate and comfortable working with databases and statistics, including using excel formulae and data presentation functions
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these
- Fluent in WaterAid country programme language, ideally French
- Knowledge of issues within developing countries
- Experience study or working in the WASH sector
- Evidence of having taken the initiative to improve or create a project
- Aware of, and motivated by issues related to global social justice
By 2030 we want everyone, everywhere to have clean water and sanitation. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as an exceptional pension fund, medical cash plans, an employee assistance programme, generous annual leave and Save As You Learn schemes, as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.