This role aims to manage the Oxfam WASH Programme in Tajikistan.
About the WASH Progromme
Tajikistan Water Supply and Sanitation Project (TajWSS) started in 2009 with funding from the Government of Switzerland (SDC). The project goal was to contribute to the creation of an enabling environment for the sustainable provision of safe drinking water and sanitation in rural Tajikistan.
Over the time, the programme has grown and it includes projects funded by The Global Fund for Social Accountability administered by the World Bank, the Government of Finland, the European Union and the SDC with the programme portfolio worth more than USD 8 M at present.
The overall programme goal is that “Population in Tajikistan have improved sustainable and equitable access to safe drinking water (including multiple uses) and sanitation, and have adopted better hygiene behaviour”.
The Programme will work on following changes in Tajikistan by 2021:
- Financial sustainability of the drinking water supply sector;
- Local water suppliers are accountable to regulators and consumers;
- Households’ have increased investment in sanitation infrastructure
- Water sector is able to create job opportunities that can attract qualified specialists
- More investments in both the water and sanitation sectors are made by traditional and non-traditional donors/investors.
The programme’s success and recognition relies on its focus to developsustainable models, evidence based leveraging through convening/brokering, alliance building, peer-to-peer adoption, replication (government and development partners) and building sector capacity.
Contract length: 12 Months
Benefits: Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development.