Acre is delighted to be working exclusively with Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP), to source a Head of Water. WSUP are a not-for-profit partnership focused on transforming cities to benefit the millions who lack access to water and sanitation. WSUP creates lasting solutions to low-income areas by collaborating with service providers such as water utilities, local authorities and businesses and their surrounding local communities that would benefit from affordable provision of water & sanitation services.
Reporting to the Head of Innovation & Consumer Needs the Head of Water is a new position focused on finding solutions to water supply issues. The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting best practice, facilitating cross programme learning and developing new and innovative solutions to the provision of context specific, affordable, accessible and sustainable water supply services for low income communities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Driving innovative thinking into WSUP activities to help optimise support to partners in the provision of water supplies
- Supporting Programme Directors to build and maintain effective relationships with local water service providers, regulators, local, central and international governments and other stakeholders
- Providing creative input into WSUP funding applications and consultancy bids to sustain suitable and sustainable funding
- Being the internal and external water supply expert across WSUP and at select international conferences
The successful candidate will be an experienced Water Engineer or equivalent, able to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise way to non-technical managers and to provide professional advice confidently and tactfully. Having worked internationally you will have the ability to demonstrate empathy with the challenges faced by multiple stakeholders in diverse geographies.
In addition you will have:
- Work experience in the international water sector, with one or more water utilities
- Good understanding of the international water supply industry; in particular the urban water sector and its commercial drivers
- Ability to demonstrate effective but innovative approaches to water supply operations
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate and innovative water engineer to have substantial tangible impacts in delivering sustainable city-wide water and sanitation services for low income communities. If you have the necessary technical experience and are an outstanding communicator, please apply below.