Acre is delighted to be working exclusively with Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP), to source a Director of Programmes. WSUP is a not-for-profit company focused on transforming cities to benefit the millions who lack access to water and sanitation. WSUP creates lasting solutions to low-income areas by collaborating with service providers such as water utilities, local authorities and businesses and the local communities that would benefit from affordable provision of water & sanitation services.
Sitting within the senior management team and reporting to the CEO, the Director of Programmes will contribute significantly to the effective strategic direction of the organisation and ensure efficient delivery of WSUP’s six successful country programmes, with the capacity to establish potential new programmes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the appropriate vision and strategies are in place to facilitate the long term sustainability of the country programmes
- Playing an active role within the Senior Management Team participating in strategic planning and development of the organisation
- Managing and coaching team members within the London office alongside virtual line management of in-country programme representatives
The successful candidate will be a qualified project manager and / or chartered engineer with experience in utilities appropriate for developing communities and their environments. You will also have substantial experience in line management and mentoring teams.
In addition you will have:
- A strong track record in delivering programme goals within deadlines and budgets
- Ability to influence at senior management level, providing direction and driving change where necessary
- An understanding of the urban WASH sector and the private sector commercial drivers
- Exposure to the practical realities and cultural dimensions of working in developing countries
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate and driven leader to have substantial tangible impacts in delivering sustainable city-wide water and sanitation services for low income communities. If you have the necessary technical and project management experience for this position, please apply below.