Aither is a team of economic, public policy and strategy advisors committed to improving decision making about investment and management of our limited natural resources. We aim to achieve the best possible outcomes for the environment, economy, and communities, within the context of a changing climate and growing demand. We empower our clients to make more informed decisions by combining expertise and experience that extends across multiple disciplines and sectors, with specialist knowledge in water resources, markets, infrastructure and risk and emergency management.
We are expanding our team and seeking people who share our purpose. We’re recruiting for multiple positions, based in either Melbourne or Canberra:
- An economist with at least three years of experience in a consulting environment or specialist economic agencies. Individuals with strong quantitative skills and experience in applied cost-benefit analysis or pricing and economic regulation will be highly regarded. In addition to technical skills, the position requires initiative and creativity in applying these skills to generate valuable advice for clients and proven ability to manage sensitive stakeholder relationships. While the position will be focused on quantitative analysis, the successful candidate will also need the ability to communicate clearly and have an interest in policy and strategy.
- An economist with at least two years of both policy and quantitative experience and a strong understanding of the Australian water market. The successful candidate will have experience in water markets and will have the ability to critically analyse complex problems, develop solutions, and provide high quality, outcomes-focused advice.
- Early career consultants with core expertise in economics or public policy. The successful candidate will enjoy analysing, synthesising. and communicating information to help our clients understand and deal with complexity.
- Individuals with two or more years of experience in a policy, legal or consulting environment to work in our performance and evaluation business line. The successful candidate will support clients to set up programs for success, including through the development and implementation of pragmatic monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) frameworks, and review and evaluation of programs, policies and projects during and following delivery. Experience developing and using evaluation frameworks, research plans and varied research and evaluation methods and instructions (preferably in water, education, health, transport or emergency management sectors) will be highly regarded.
In addition to strong analytical and problem-solving skills, we value self-direction, optimism, empathy, and authenticity. We’re after personable individuals with a broad skill set who our clients and team will love working with. Our projects are delivered by integrated, multidisciplinary teams with consultants of all levels of experience, so you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with people with diverse backgrounds, expertise, and interests, including our most senior staff and Directors.
Experience and networks in water, infrastructure or climate change adaptation sectors will be highly regarded. More experienced practitioners may also apply.
We’ll build your role with you based on your experience, talents, interests and networks.
As a certified B Corp, we take pride in continually challenging ourselves to discover new ways of improving our interactions with the community, the environment, our employees and our clients. Aither is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer, and we are actively seeking to increase our workplace diversity.
If you’re interested in working with some of Australia’s leading practitioners in a flexible and collegiate working environment, please get in touch with our Operations Manager, Bonnie Aylen, via [email protected] with a cover letter of no more than two pages and resume. In your cover letter, please tell us:
- What motivates you (in either a personal or work context)
- Something you would like to learn more about
- Why you want to work at Aither.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.