Organization Overview: The Baird Creek Preservation Foundation got its start in 1997 when a group of citizens organized to protect a pristine portion of the Baird Creek Valley from becoming a housing development. From that original cause, the BCPF has evolved into an organization that works on habitat restoration, trail improvement, water quality, and expanding the acreage of the Baird Creek Parkway. Our goal is to develop the Baird Creek Parkway into the premier urban wild park in the Midwest.
Mission Statement: to facilitate the preservation and restoration of the Baird Creek Watershed in order to enhance its value as an ecological, recreational, and educational resource for generations to come.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide strong leadership in the areas of board development, friend building, and community engagement in pursuit of the Baird Creek Preservation Foundation’s (BCPF) mission.
• Advance the organization toward completion of the strategic goals and objectives outlined in the BCPF Master Plan and Eaton/Humboldt Vision Document.
• Advance the organization’s capacity to seek and successfully acquire extramural grants and the philanthropic support needed to advance the BCPF mission and vision.
• Fundraising – lead efforts in strategic donor cultivation, philanthropic acquisition, and general fundraising.
• Community and Public Relations – increase community awareness of the BCPF and its activities, while promoting the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services in a strong, positive manner. Act as the primary liaison between the BCPF and City, County, State, and Federal agencies, other land trusts and non-profit partners, corporations, donors, members, Greenway neighbors, and elected officials.
• Board Administration – drive the development, operation, and administration of the BCPF Executive Committee, BCPF Board, and BCPF committees.
• Granting – execute extramural grant applications and their implementation, including identifying funding opportunities and collaborative partners, proposal submission, and grant administration.
• Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management – responsible for the development and oversight of the annual budget, 501(c)3 status, and related fiduciary responsibilities on behalf of the BCPF in accordance with current laws, regulations, donor intents, and grant guidelines.
• Human Resource Management – effectively manage the human resources of the organization in accordance with current organization policies, and State and Federal laws and regulations. The Executive Director supervises one part-time Office Manager and co-supervises two summer interns.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Minimum two years’ experience in project or organizational management, including budget accountability, marketing and promotions, and supervisory experience
• The successful candidate will have exceptional oral, written, computer, interpersonal, and time-management skills, the ability to communicate with diverse constituents, and the willingness to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team. This position requires the ability to manage multiple deadlines, projects and priorities with attention to detail and exceptional accuracy, show excellent judgment including sensitivity to personal and confidential information, and demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to on-going change. Good work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness, and resourcefulness are essential for this position.
Conditions of Employment:
Position is part-time at approximately 30 hours weekly, with a flexible schedule necessary to accommodate events, committee meetings, and other ad hoc meetings. Some evenings and weekends are required.
• Community and Public Relations @ 25%
• Fundraising @ 25%
• Granting @ 20%
• Board Administration @ 10%
• Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management @ 10%
• Human Resource Management @ 10%
• Commensurate with experience
• Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]
• Applications will be accepted until the position is filled