The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The global environment and economic security are indelibly intertwined, with increasing greenhouse gases, environmental degradation and natural-resource depletion putting sustainable growth and existing business models at risk.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of an environment system 2.0 strategy
- Work with other heads of the System Initiative to identify opportunities to design and develop environment and resource security projects (e.g. Mission Innovation, Clean Mobility and Sustainable Land Use) within other System Initiatives
- Be in charge of management and budgeting of staff and resources to be used to drive these projects in other System Initiatives across the organization
- Conduct exercises in issue and stakeholder mapping to provide a solid foundation for System Initiative strategy
- Collaborate with heads of other System Initiatives to scope and identify potential new project areas and work with Partners and external constituents across the System Initiative core community to help them shape potential project ideas
- Develop and oversee a proactive Partner and constituent engagement strategy for the System Initiative that the community will execute under line management from the Head of Project Engagement
- Develop a target list of prospective partners (current Forum Partners, non-member companies and constituents) and a plan to engage them
- Help build a world class group of Partners, innovators and disruptors that reflects both mature and emerging markets
- Develop best practice procedures to successfully onboard and curate partners in projects and the core community and work with the Community Lead to execute
- Represent the System Initiative in Global Challenge Group senior management discussions, and communicate the initiative’s content and engagement possibilities within the Forum and externally to public and private sector stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the public, private or civil society sector, working across sectors in a multistakeholder, international environment, with a focus on partner engagement
- Master’s degree in international relations, business, social and political science, environmental management, or relevant field
- Excellent communication skills and command of English; fluency in another language is a plus
- Proven track record of successful strategy development and delivery, team and line management, and mentoring
- Passionate about environment, natural resources and sustainable development issues
- Self-starter, collaborative, results-oriented, flexible and willing to learn