SIWI is recruiting a communications assistant for a temporary contract. You will be an important part of a dynamic, fast-paced team at SIWI working with a variety of communications tasks related to the both World Water Week and SIWI’s wider work.
You are a talented, passionate and organized person with experience working with social media and project coordination. You ideally also have experience working with content development, newsletters, website administration, photo and video editing. You likely have university or similar level training in communications or a related field.
Tasks will include supporting colleagues with social media and digital campaigns, website content management, newsletter creation, project support, digital production and other activities as required.
This is a temporary position starting May 2 until early September 2017, and is based at the SIWI offices in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Current knowledge of different media and communication tools, including social media platforms, and MailChimp. Video and photo editing experience is an asset.
- Content development experience: social media, web, and marketing.
- Strong project coordination skills – ability to handle multiple projects at the same time, and deliver according to time plans, and often under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and WordPress. HTML5 and XML experience is an asset.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in Swedish and English, additional languages is a merit.
- Knowledge of water and/or development-related issues is an asset.
- Previous experience working in an international environment is an asset.
We are looking for a person who:
- Can-do attitude
- Is able to handle an often face-paced environment
- Is open and flexible
- Is able to handle complex tasks simultaneously and has an eye for details
- Is an energetic, team player
How to apply for the position
Please submit your CV and a one-page personal letter to [email protected] by 9 April 2017. For more information about the position, contact Rowena Barber, Communications Manager at +46 8 121 360 39.
SIWI is unable to cover relocations costs. A Swedish work permit is required.
About SIWI and the communications department
SIWI is a policy institute working for a water wise world. SIWI does independent research, generates knowledge and provides expert analysis and advice on water issues to decision-makers and other agents of change. SIWI organizes the World Water Week in Stockholm – the leading annual global meeting place on water and development issues – and hosts the Stockholm Water Prize, the Stockholm Junior Water Prize and the Stockholm Industry Water Award.
The communications department plays a vital and integrated role at SIWI. The department influences and connects actors for a water-wise world, by producing, packaging and disseminating SIWI knowledge and promoting SIWI activities.