NRCE, Inc. is soliciting candidates interested in Chief of Party (CoP) positions in support of anticipated USAID WASH related program in Mozambique. This position will be responsible for providing in-country leadership and day to day management of all technical and administrative aspects in support of the WASH related program. The CoP will be the primary contact and representative between the program, the local government, partners and all other key stakeholders. Position will include providing oversight in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting. Additionally, the CoP will work to integrate other USAID projects, U.S. Government sponsored activities, other donors, local government agencies and ministries to achieve expected results.
This anticipated activity will seek to increase availability of sustainable WASH infrastructure in health facilities and communities through focusing on four key results:
- Increased availability of functional water and sanitation infrastructure in health facilities and communities.
- Increased use of health-promoting WASH practices by target populations, including increased demand for sanitation in rural communities.
- Improved management of water infrastructure.
- Improved planning and monitoring of WASH services.
Other responsibilities will include:
– Development of strategic partnerships and promotion of a common vision among diverse partners to support program objectives.
– Provide oversight of performance monitoring and implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Plan ensuring standardized data collection/evaluation practices are applied through program.
– Assess client, stakeholder and staff satisfaction and respond accordingly.
– Oversight of day-to-day, in country, project planning and implementation to achieve performance targets and ensure programming meets national and international standards. As part of the M&E activities establish a collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) environment in which lessons learned are quickly identified and incorporated into daily operations.
– Provide ongoing supervision and staff management as lead of a multi-disciplinary team.
– Provide oversight and support to ensure the peer and supervisory support necessary for successful implementation, quality and cost control, and timely identification and resolution of issues.
– Develop and ensure timely reporting to NRCE for compliance with USAID requirements.
– Ensure compliance within management plans, contracts, reporting, security, and results frameworks.
– Manage the program budget and exercise strong financial management practices.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the implementation of large and complex water and sanitation development projects including WASH, social behavior change, governance, and/or institutional development.
- At least 5 years of proven leadership in the implementation or management of international donor support WASH programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting.
- Advanced graduate degree in a relevant field: engineering, public/global health, water resources, sanitation, environmental studies or allied fields.
- Evidence of strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill diverse technical and managerial requirements.
- Experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong analytical and project management skills are required.
- International work experience in developing countries required; work in Mozambique desired.
- Excellent ability to communicate in English and Portuguese, both verbally and in writing.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
NRCE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. NRCE, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.