NRCE, Inc. is soliciting candidates interested in an Institutional Development Specialist position in support of anticipated USAID WASH related program in Mozambique. This position will be responsible for directing the institutional capacity building activities. Position will include strengthening the capacity of water users and managers to operate and maintain water and sanitation infrastructure, trainings, negotiating and implementing MOUs with relevant government body/water managers, and assisting government bodies to achieve sustainable planning and monitoring services.
This anticipated activity will seek to increase availability of sustainable WASH infrastructure in health facilities and communities through focusing on four key results:
- Increased availability of functional water and sanitation infrastructure in health facilities and communities.
- Increased use of health-promoting WASH practices by target populations, including increased demand for sanitation in rural communities.
- Improved management of water infrastructure.
- Improved planning and monitoring of WASH services.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the implementation of large and complex water and sanitation development projects including WASH, social behavior change, governance, and/or institutional development.
- Advanced graduate degree in a relevant field: engineering, public/global health, water resources, sanitation, or allied fields.
- International work experience in developing countries required; work in Mozambique desired.
- Excellent ability to communicate in English and Portuguese, both verbally and in writing.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
NRCE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. NRCE, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.