Hydroplan is seeking a qualified Water Supply and Sanitation engineer to support the leadership, technical and administrative elements of its on-going Projects of Water-sanitation-&-hygiene (WASH) in Haiti. This program is to reduce cholera and other waterborne diseases by increasing access to improved water and sanitation in cholera hotspots and to provide for resilience against recurring disasters such as earthquakes and hurricanes. WASH services will be improved through design and construction of water conveyance and treatment infrastructure.
- University degree in engineering with at least 3 years of experience in the design and supervision of water supply and sanitation engineering; preferably including international development projects;
- Experience in the preparation of Proposals, reports covering design of Water and Sanitation networks
- Good knowledge and experiences of works using EPANET and AutoCAD tools
- Experience in construction observation and/or construction supervision;
- Technical expertise in WASH services, local municipal and/or private sector capacity building for improvement of water infrastructure;
- Preferably previous experience in working with national governments, stakeholders and contractors;
- Experienced in project management involving teams and experts with diverse specialties and developing solutions to keep activities on track;
- Fluent in French and proficiency in English Languages.
- Prepared to accept extended assignments in-country if required.
- Availability to works in Germany (Worms ) and Haiti.
Only application having the above mentioned qualifications will be evaluated.