The Environment and Energy Department is seeking a licensed Civil or Environmental Engineer to join Minnesota’s largest county’s Land and Water Unit.
This Engineer will be responsible for providing water and soil conservation related engineering support, planning, analysis, design, and project management for work assigned to the Environmental Protection Division. This position will require working effectively with watershed management
organizations, local governments, state agencies, landowners and partners to protect and restore land and water resources, so as to enhance the health, safety and quality of life of our residents and communities.
This position is located downtown, Minneapolis, with the ability to travel to various sites throughout the county. The salary is $58,953 – $93,570 Annually.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in civil or environmental engineering and at least five years or more of professional engineering experience
• Licensure as a Professional Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Registration (Board of AELSLAGID).
• Two or more years of related experience in areas such as: hydrology, hydraulics, and water quality planning, modeling, and design; environmental permitting; project management
• Familiarity with the implementation phase of TMDL projects; watershed planning, rules, and regulations; drainage law
• Experience using GIS Software, HEC-RAS, HydroCAD, SWAT, P8, MIDS, and WINSLAMM
• Ability to communicate and present technical and sensitive information effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Skills and experience to effectively evaluate the work of other external engineers and technicians
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated commitment to and experience implementing smart development principles
To view the complete posting and complete the online application, visit www.hennepin.jobs by 5:00 pm, Wednesday, April 5, 2017. Recruiter contact: