About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global organization and home to teams of humanitarian professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Summary: The WASH Coordinator is responsible for overall program technical advising supervision, administration and oversight of RI’s Syria Response WASH projects based in Turkey.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide quality control of WASH interventions.
- Recruit, train and manage the WASH team.
- Build the capacity of RI and RI’s partner(s) staff in WASH implementation.
- Oversee and ensure quality implementation of teaming partner and other actors involved in the program, including needs assessment and technical handling of water treatment systems through a remote management modus operandi.
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators are being followed.
- Advise Program Director regarding activity progress and make recommendations for course correction if necessary.
- Provide overall guidance and direction focusing on program team to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Maintain effective communication with donors and other organizations operating in Turkey, for coordination and partnership opportunities.
- Participate in NGO sector coordination groups and identify areas for coordination and collaboration.
- Identify new program opportunities through rapid assessments and proposal development inputs and writing as indicated.
- Follow-up operation and budget of the wash programs. Close and constant collaboration with program department and with support departments (HR, admin and logistics).
- Deliver consultancy report at end of assignment.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in lead management implementing emergency response programs in a conflict setting.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the WASH sector.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- English is required, with strong writing ability; Arabic is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
- Good sense of humor and great team member.