The Policy Program Associate helps build and support a base of community level organizations working to protect water in the Great Lakes region and connect those organizations to policy opportunities of interest.
- Track local, state, regional and national policy changes and needs related to water.
- Track and develop stories of policy implementation outcomes.
- Write, and work with guest writers, to develop an ongoing blog that supports water leaders in the Great Lakes region.
- Provide training, coordination and engagement opportunities to grassroots water efforts.
- Connect local community efforts to meaningful opportunities for water policy change.
- Participate in program development.
- Maintain engagement databases and move participants to new levels of engagement.
- Participate in and assist with Freshwater Future staff meetings and events.
- Attend board meetings as appropriate.
- Assist with organizational planning and fundraising when appropriate.
The Policy Program Associate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a water/environmental resource, policy, nonprofit or advocacy background. The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills; computer skills including databases, spreadsheets, and word processing; organizational skills, ability to work independently and a commitment to protecting water resources.
Freshwater Future is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send by e-mail a resume, short writing sample and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 /year