Why choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About the business line
Water, perhaps the world’s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle – from source to tap and back again – while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
Arcadis is currently searching for a Senior Engineer – Water Management & Urban Resiliency, with 10+ years’ experience in water resources and/or civil engineering, planning, and design to join the Arcadis Water Business lines – Water Management team in our Norfolk, VA office.
With the support of one of the industry’s leading technical staffs, the Senior Engineer will support a growing base of projects along the northeast coastal corridor, with a specific focus on the Hampton Roads area market. This is a professional opportunity that requires a dynamic, technically sound seller-doer looking both to lead the growth of the Arcadis urban resiliency practice in the Hampton Roads area and a team of technical staff. The primary focus for this position will be to function as a client program manager for urban resiliency challenges. This position would be working closely with municipal clients and the local and national staff to deliver projects as a project manager or technical leader for stormwater and urban resiliency projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing planning and design support for an existing and expanding client base in relation to coastal protection, stormwater management, environmental and social impact analysis, and other urban resiliency needs.
- Working with national leaders, ensure that organizational capacity is in place to deliver on projects in the Hampton Roads area market.
- Project management, including the management of a multi-disciplinary planning and engineering team, meeting project schedules, budgets and quality objectives.
- Individual should be detailed oriented, with experience in preparing or reviewing design calculations and drawings, and accustomed to producing high quality work and experienced in coordination of work with engineers of other disciplines.
- Position will require working on a variety of projects simultaneously, as well as providing technical expertise and experience on other related projects.
- Support the expansion of the urban resiliency practice and Arcadis brand into new customers. Engage with strategic stakeholders in those customers.
- Ambassador for the local and national team, including representing Arcadis at conferences and other industry related events.
- 10 years’ experience in water resource and/or civil, structural or coastal engineering, with a focus on urban resiliency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Environmental, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
- Current, or able to quickly obtain, VA PE License.
- Solid experience working for municipal, industrial, state and/or federal client base in water resource planning in the area.
- Prior experience serving as a project manager for complex stormwater management or multi-disciplinary urban resiliency projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with preparation and/or review of engineering plans to ensure that all aspects of project implementation are clearly conveyed.
- 15 years’ experience in Water Resource Engineering.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Civil, Mechanical, Environmental, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
- Active participation in a local, regional and/or national water resources related association.