PEGASYS is an advisory group driving developmental impact in emerging economies. We work to solve complex problems and improve overall quality of life. We are trusted advisors and partners to the public and private sector, and support our clients to develop infrastructure and manage natural resources.
Our specialists are from a broad range of disciplines, which include engineering, law, finance, economics, international relations, policy, the humanities and science. Together we form a multidisciplinary team and bring our diverse skillset and experience to take on challenges facing the developmental sector.
PEGASYS WATER is looking to recruit a Principal Water Consultant.
Principal Water Consultant
- Full-time position
- Location – Nairobi, Kenya
Qualifications & Experience
- A post-graduate qualification and a demonstrable track record of excellence
- Minimum of 10 years’ general water sector experience with specific water sector institutional, policy and / or financial experience, and must have Regional water sector strategic insights
- Must have a consulting background
- A broad understanding of, and experience, in the African water sector and the desire to develop as a sector expert with continental / global recognition. Established networks in water sectors of East Africa
- Management experience with regards to staff and complex multi-faceted projects.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and demonstrable ability to work independently.
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to manage complex processes, work towards a desired outcome in a complex uncertain environment.
- Desire to contribute towards making the world a better place, and a belief that a small group of committed individuals can have a significant impact.
- An energetic problem-solver, who is open-minded with multi-perspective views on governance and developmental issues;
- Good time management, with the ability to meet task deadlines within timeframe and budget;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrable ability to clearly break down and explain a complex topic verbally and in writing;
- Ability to listen and respond to input and diverse perspectives;
- Can manage conflict and disputes;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in diverse teams as well as independently; and
- Ability to adapt and work in a highly-pressurized environment.
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Fluency in English
- Someone comfortable in working in a strategic and quantitative environment with a broader interest in governance, development and social issues.
- Strong preference is given to candidates based in East Africa/Kenya
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]