PEGASYS is an advisory group driving developmental impact in emerging economies. We work to solve complex problems and improve overall quality of life. We are trusted advisors and partners to the public and private sector, and support our clients to develop infrastructure and manage natural resources.
Our specialists are from a broad range of disciplines, which include engineering, law, finance, economics, international relations, policy, the humanities and science. Together we form a multidisciplinary team and bring our diverse skillset and experience to take on challenges facing the developmental sector.
PEGASYS WATER is looking to recruit a Water Institutional Specialist.
Water Institutional Specialist
- Full-time position
- Location – Nairobi, Kenya
Qualifications & Experience
- A post-graduate qualification and a demonstrable track-record of excellence
- Minimum of 5 years’ specific water experience linked to institutional, policy and/ or financial aspects
- Recognised institutional specialist nationally / internationally / with a proven track record of publication / presentation in the sector
- Must have a consulting background
- A good understanding of, and experience, in the African water sector and the desire to develop as a sector expert with continental / global recognition.
- Established networks in water sectors of East Africa
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and demonstrable high standards of achievement
- An energetic problem-solver, who is open-minded with multi-perspective views on governance and developmental issues;
- Ability to work towards a desired outcome in a complex and uncertain environment;
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Ability to research and translate findings into products (reports, presentations etc);
- Good time management, with the ability to meet task deadlines within time-frames and budget;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to clearly break down and explain a complex topic verbally and in writing;
- Ability to listen and respond to input and diverse perspectives;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in diverse teams as well as independently; and
- Ability to adapt and work in a highly-pressurized environment.
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Fluency in English
- Someone comfortable working in a strategic and quantitative environment with a broader interest in governance, development and social issues.
- Strong preference is given to candidates based in East Africa/Kenya
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]