The USAID-funded Governance Support Program (GSP) in Turkmenistan provides technical expertise, training, and other technical assistance to the government institutions in Turkmenistan.
The QED Group, LLC seeks an international consultant on transboundary water management to conduct a two-day workshop entitled “International Experience in Transboundary Water Management” (primarily focusing on the experience of USA, Canada, Europe, and the Mediterranean Sea countries) for the Governance Support Program in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. The anticipated period of work is April 25- May 1, 2017. The tentative date for the workshop is April 27-28, 2017. The dates are contingent upon Turkmenistan Government approval. The Consultant will report directly to the Chief of Party for GSP.
- Develop the program and handouts for the 2-day workshop on the issues of international experience in transboundary water management.
- Present and submit the workshop materials to the USAID Governance Support Program at least two weeks ahead for GSP in Turkmenistan to be able to translate and print all necessary presentations and handouts.
- Conduct the 2-day workshop on international experience in transboundary water management for 25 participants.
- Prepare a final report and general recommendations for improvement of transboundary water infrastructure planning, preparation and operation.
Level of Effort (hours)
Development of the program and preparation of hand-out materials for the participants of the workshop
Delivery of the two- day workshop on international experience in transboundary water management for 25 participants
Based on the results of the discussions during the workshop, prepare a final report on the seminar with general recommendations in the field of transboundary water management.
- At least ten years of professional experience in the relevant areas.
- Extensive experience in integrated river basin management and sound understanding of the requirements of international instruments related to integrated river basin management.
- Experience in development of integrated national and transboundary water resource management strategies considering transboundary waters issues.
- Proven practical experience in facilitating transboundary water management processes and water governance, preferably in the area of integrated ecosystems management and integrated water resources management.
- Experience of playing a supporting role to the work of technical and/or policy-making committees.
- Excellent and demonstrated communication, consultation and drafting skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Higher university degree in environmental science/water management, natural resources management, international relations/law or other related fields.
- Excellent command of English or Russian.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume.
- Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.