n the Middle East, NRC has over 3000 staff dedicated to assisting people affected by conflict in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine. Its humanitarian interventions are based upon its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water and Sanitation Hygiene, Food Security, along with Information Counselling and legal Assistance (ICLA) to forcibly displaced people.
The Syrian Crisis is well into its sixth year, but the level and intensity of conflict in the country remains high. Humanitarian and protection needs continue to grow inside of Syria as a result of the ongoing conflict and consequent complex emergency situation in which displacement is both
The purpose of the WASH Project Coordinator position is to be responsible for implementation of a growing WASH project portfolio in northwest Syria. With the current developments in the field, NRC’s WASH projects are addressing acute emergency, life-saving needs as well as gearing up for medium term transition into interventions that would serve durable solutions. In 2017 the project will expand from the camps and develop transitional approaches that will support durable solutions for IDPs. Strong focus will be on continuation of emergency WASH inputs as well as seeking to support rural or community WASH responses in areas of potential return. Behavioral change and health risk mitigation through powerful hygiene promotions interventions is an additional focus of the projects in 2017.
This position will manage the WASH team will be fully responsible to achieve project results, carry out end user monitoring, ensure protection of end users and establish rapid assessment capacities. In the transition process this post will seek to introduce technology into the projects.
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Line management for project staff;
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and WASH program strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant projects;
- Coordinate and manage shelter project implementation in northwest Syria (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with relevant staff) and coordinate across CCs;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders;
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
NB: Please enter the geographical location in the “Company name” field for both company and location on your application.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs