In the Middle East, NRC has over 3000 staff dedicated to assisting people affected by conflict in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine. Its humanitarian interventions are based upon its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water and Sanitation Hygiene, Food Security, along with Information Counselling and legal Assistance (ICLA) to forcibly displaced people.
The Syrian Crisis is well into its sixth year, but the level and intensity of conflict in the country remains high. Humanitarian and protection needs continue to grow inside of Syria as a result of the ongoing conflict and consequent complex emergency situation in which displacement is both massive and widespread.
Our Ideal Candidate:
The purpose of the Shelter and WASH Project Manager position is to implement a growing Shelter and WASH project portfolio in northwest Syria. With the current developments in the field NRC’s Shelter and WASH projects are addressing acute emergency, life-saving needs as well as gearing up for medium term transition into interventions that would serve durable solutions.
This position will manage a shelter team and a WASH team through international coordinators and will serve to ensure consistency of implementation and full donor compliance. This position will also be tasked to ensure that the projects are implemented through remote management systems that provides support to the staff in the field as well as links project management in Gaziantep with the two field offices.
We are particularly looking for an individual with strong project and people management skills. The position also requires expertise in remote management and understanding of the Syrian context. Fluency in written and verbal English is essential.
If this sounds like you, apply now to join one of the world’s leading INGO’s and be part of a team of highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world’s biggest displacement crisis.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Line management for project staff;
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and Shelter and WASH strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant projects;
- Coordinate and manage Shelter and WASH project implementation in northwest Syria (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects;
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the Shelter and WASH Specialist;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with relevant staff) and coordinate across CCs;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy;
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
NB: Please enter the geographical location in the “Company name” field for both company and location on your application.For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs